Fall brings a crispness to the air, falling leaves and the obviously spooky and fun holiday at the end of the month. Halloween parties are a great way to gather friends and family for entertainment, food and memories. These holiday events are looked forward to by children and adults alike. What can you do to make it a memorable event? There is much to plan for from the food, games and decorations. Where shall you draw inspiration for creepy, tasty treats and deliciously festive meals? Thomas Oliver’s Gourmet Catering has a few suggestions to get you started.
Scary DIY treats
Searching the internet and Pinterest for creative treat ideas will yield some exciting options for your party. It’s a great way to set the mood for guests and will definitely impress the children. Below are a some simple but enticing spooky desserts you could try:
- Twinkie mummies: Take a twinkie and pipe flat “strips” of frosting back and forth across the twinkie until it is dressed with frosting wrappings. Finish it off with two black candies for eyes.
- Apple teeth: Begin by slicing red apples. Between two slices, coat the insides with peanut butter. Add mini marshmallows across the bottom slice and then top with the other apple slice.
- Mummy dogs: Take ready made crescent dough and slice in thin strips. Wrap around hot dogs and bake in the oven according to dough package.
- Spider eggs: Make deviled eggs. Cut an olive in half and place it on the yellow yolk as the spider body. Slice the other half of the olive into slivers and place 8 of them around the body as legs.
- Witch hat cookies: Take a thin mint cookie and pipe a dollop of orange frosting on top. Unwrap a kiss candy and put on top of the frosting. Pipe a yellow buckle on the pointed hat. Choose a delicious dinner not to be forgotten.
Once you’ve created some festive goodies for your guests, it’s important to serve a hearty, scrumptious meal for your guests. If you’re needing catering in Manhattan Thomas Oliver’s Gourmet Catering has many options to fit your event. Pasta with our flavorful marinara sauces set the mood as kids imagine the noodles to be worms. Meat lasagna, pasta primavera or chicken cordon blue with grilled vegetables is warm and comforting. Side dishes such as three cheese baked macaroni, string beans almondine or oven rosemary potatoes are seasoned to perfection. Do not stress about beverages, we provide a wide variety of juices, sodas or iced tea.
As you focus on the exciting details of your Halloween gathering, leave the meal to us. We take care of the food prep, serving and clean up, which will alleviate your party planning stress. Whatever your craving, Thomas Oliver’s Gourmet Catering can satisfy it and make your Halloween party, wedding dinner, corporate luncheon and more and spectacular one with our delicious and varied menu options.
Phone: (212) 239-0090